West Burlington, Iowa, June 7, 2018 – Great River Friends donated
$53,100 this spring to Great River Health System, a $22,000 increase over
last year’s gift.
The money has been designated for these projects:
- Activity supplies at the Klein Center
- Books for children in the Pediatrics Unit
- Breast milk from Mothers Milk Bank of Iowa for newborns in the Obstetrics Unit
- Educational calendars for Heart and Vascular Center patients
- Electronic tablets for use in the Cardiovascular Care and Intensive Care units
- Group project materials for Behavioral Health patients
- Ice packs for patients to take home after surgery
- Klein Center’s Music and Memory Program for dementia
- Landscaping outside the Cancer Center
- Lift for transferring Hospice House patients
- Materials for patient comfort projects including quilts, pillows and greeting
cards – Volunteer Services
- Sleep sacks for babies born in the Women and Family Center
- Sofa beds for patient and family rooms at the Hospice House
- Wigs for Cancer Center patients
Great River Friends is a community of donors and volunteers that supports
Great River Health System with the gifts of time, talent and treasure.
For more information, please call Volunteer Services at 319-768-3340.