Great River Health System is one of the best places to work in Iowa, according
the Des Moines Register’s 2017 Top Workplaces survey. The survey
ranked 150 employers in small, midsized and large categories. The only
hospital or health system named in the large-company category, Great River
Health Systems ranked 21st.
This is the fifth consecutive year that Great River Health System has
been ranked on the list.
“Being named one of Iowa’s top large employers five years in
a row is a great honor, and it certainly speaks to the culture of Great
River Health Systems,” said Mark Richardson, president and CEO.
“Our people take great pride in working as a team to provide outstanding
care to patients and families in the southeast Iowa region.”
The Des Moines Register recognized companies and organizations in Iowa
as top workplaces based solely on surveys about the workplace completed
by their employees.
The anonymous survey focused on six aspects of the workplace environment
- Career – training opportunities and progression
- Conditions – assessment of the working atmosphere and environment
- Direction – assessment of the company’s values, leaders and strategy
- Execution – assessment of how the company communicates and gets work done
- Management – quality and managerial skills
- Pay and benefits – assessment of associate compensation
Those interested in a career with Great River Health System can visit