Great River Health System offers a one-day version of its Childbirth Prep
class for women who already have had a birthing experience or want a condensed
class. The next class is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday,
Aug. 5, in the Oak Room at Great River Medical Center, 1221 S. Gear Ave.,
West Burlington, IA.
The free class is for women in their sixth or seventh month of pregnancy
and their partners or birth coaches. Mothers-to-be should come dressed
in comfortable slacks.
Besides an extensive tour of the Obstetrics Unit, the class includes lectures
and demonstrations on:
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Lectures by a childbirth educator
- Opportunities to ask questions about labor and delivery
A four-week Childbirth Prep class is scheduled to begin Thursday, Sept.
7. Classes are from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
Registration is required. Register
HERE. For more information, please call Great River Corporate Education at
(319) 768-4070 or toll-free at 866-297-9516, between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.,
Monday through Friday.