Great River Family Practice Clinic opened Thursday, Aug. 6, to help meet
the community’s need for more primary-care providers. It is part
of Burlington Area Family Practice Center. New providers are:
- Abby Cling, PA-C, physician assistant
- Lisa Lake, D.N.P., nurse practitioner
- John Thurman, D.O., physician
The clinic is in Mercy Plaza Suite 159, 1225 S. Gear Ave., West Burlington,
IA 52655. To make an appointment with a new provider, call (319) 768-1570.
Michael AbouAssaly, M.D., and Peter Reynen, M.D., will move their practices
to the new clinic soon.
These services also will move to the new clinic:
- Diabetes Education Program – Individual outpatient and inpatient
counseling, group outpatient classes and instruction on insulin administration
and self-glucose monitoring
- Healthy Living Clinic – A comprehensive, physician-managed program
for reaching weight-loss goals and make lifestyle changes by incorporating
physician appointments, meal plans, exercise and education.
Great River Family Practice Center has a demonstration kitchen for cooking
classes and a conference room for educational programs.