Healthy Living-Great River Medical Center
A physician-supervised program that helps people lose weight and regain
control of their lives
Effective weight management through long-term changes in lifestyle behaviors
can help improve diabetes, heart disease and other obesity-related conditions.
Operation Transformation is a six-month program that combines Mediterranean-style
eating and a progressive exercise program to meet your health goals.
What is metabolic syndrome?
- Initial group session with Dr. AbouAssaly
- South Beach Diet book
- Operation Transformation program binder
- 4 one-on-one visits with Dr. AbouAssaly
6-month discount to
Great River Health Fitness
- 6 cooking classes
- 6 educational presentations
- 6 Operation Transformation Support Group meetings
- Access to Facebook support group
- Weekly coaching sessions with a clinical health and wellness coach
- 24 weekly weigh ins (ongoing after the program at no cost)
- 24 weekly newsletters with tips, recipes and health-related events (ongoing
after the program at no cost)
Metabolic syndrome is a group of conditions including abdominal obesity,
high blood pressure, impaired fasting glucose levels and high cholesterol
or triglyceride levels. Weight loss and exercise can reduce your risk
of metabolic syndrome.
Signs of metabolic syndrome include:
- Blood pressure greater than 130/85
- HDL cholesterol: men lower than 40 mg/dL; women lower than 50 mg/dL
- High blood sugar of 110 mg/dL or greater after fasting
- High triglycerides greater than 150 mg/dL
- Waist circumference: men greater than 40 inches; women greater than 35 inches
Check with your primary-care provider to determine your risks for metabolic syndrome.
Two payments of $375 are due when you check in for your initial and one-month