What to Bring
Patients in the Rehabilitation Unit are expected to care for themselves
as much as possible. They dress each morning in their daytime clothing.
Sweat suits and similar clothing are the most comfortable and allow for
easier movement during therapy activities. Clothing that is one size larger
than usual makes dressing easier.
Patients should bring:
- Comfortable shoes with nonskid soles
- Elastic-waist pants or sweat suits
- Grooming articles such as makeup, deodorant, battery-operated razor and
- Loose-fitting, button-down or pullover tops
- Socks with non-elastic tops
It may be necessary to buy new shoes that will fit over braces. A physical
therapist will help decide whether new shoes are needed. Three to four
changes of clothing are recommended. Family members are responsible for
laundering patients' clothes.