Childbirth Prep is a free series of prenatal education classes designed
to help take the mystery out of the birth process, to alleviate fear and
to help expectant parents prepare for this memorable event. Classes are
led by a certified childbirth educator. The classes are for women in their
sixth or seventh months of pregnancy and their husbands or birth coaches.
Mothers-to-be should come dressed in comfortable slacks and bring a pillow
The series includes:
- An extensive tour of the Women and Family Center
- Discussion, questions and answers about labor and delivery
- Vaginal and cesarean section birth
- Birthing videos
- Pain-relief options
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Completing preadmission paperwork
The Childbirth Prep classes begin the first Thursday of every other month
and continue for four weeks.